How to Avoid calling an Emergency Electrician in Morden
Let’s face it, not all of the houses in SM4 are new builds! The electrical wiring, switches, sockets and so on are most likely to be getting on a bit. Wiring fitted back in the eighties or nineties are not uncommon. We have seen houses with thirties wiring still in use!
The best solution is to re-wire, but for most people, that’s not really an option. The upheaval is hard to work round unless you are doing a major renovation.
So avoiding an electrical emergency is the way forward and is simply a case of observation and management. And for those occasions where you need a 24 hour Morden emergency electrician, keep our number handy – 0208 406 9834.
Spotting electrical faults before they become an emergency
Some signs of electrical faults are easy to spot. Others are not. Here are our tips for Morden home owners …
- One of the easiest to notice is a ‘fishy’ smell. That is the smell of overheating hard plastic, This often means a fault is developing in a switch, light fitting or socket. If you do nothing, electrical overheating faults can cause fires, however, they are usually very simple for 24 hour emergency electricians to sort out.
- When an RCD or the main switch on the fuse board keeps tripping, something is definitely wrong. An experienced Morden emergency electrician has the correct equipment and expertise that they can use to track down the reason.
- Constantly flickering lights could indicate problems with the circuit. Make sure that you have switched on properly and the the bulb is not loose. If it still flickers, call out your electrician.
- IF you hear a buzzing or sizzling noise when you switch something on – switch it off immediately. The small sparks causing the noise could soon ignite a fire. Call us straight away, any hour of the day on 0208 406 9834 – we are 24 hour emergency electricians.
It’s not just the circuits that can develop a problem, appliances can develop internal faults. If it is out of guarantee and you don’t want to replace it, get it checked by a professional electrician.
What Makes a Good 24 hour Emergency Electrician?
First and foremost, experience. You need to find time-served electricians. Emergency electricians who have a lot of experience will probably have encountered the same problem that you are having many times in the past. If not in Morden then somewhere close. They will be able to isolate and repair the issue quickly. A reliable Morden electrician should be able to reel off a list of local places where they have worked.
It is always important to check what qualifications that a commercial or domestic emergency electrician offers. It is not too difficult then to check with each organisation that their claims are true – most of the registers of commercial and domestic electricians have websites that can be searched.
Try to get some personal recommendations. Ask around your friends and work colleagues about any emergency electricians they have used and recommend. If you know people living in neighbouring areas to Bromley, have a chat with them too – a lot of south London electricians will cover several boroughs. There are online companies like Chekatrade as well who have references for trades around the UK, not just Morden (SM4 postcode). These references will definitely help you to make a decision.
Finally, make sure that the emergency electrician that you decide to use is able to certify any work carried out.
It just so happens that we fit all of those criteria plus we don’t ask you to pay a premium price. Many London emergency electricians will charge £90 or more per hour- we charge our standard rate. After all, why should we take advantage of your emergency situation?
Experienced emergency electricians for Morden
We have a team of experienced Morden emergency electricians who are available to respond to your call at any time of day and night. We are all equipped with the latest test equipment that helps us to pinpoint most developing electrical problems quickly. You benefit from a fast repair at a lower cost as we will be in and out faster than many others.
You can call us on 0208 406 9834 at ANY HOUR of the day.
We have both domestic and commercial 24hr emergency electricians available in the Morden (SM4) area and can therefore deal with any emergency electrical problem rapidly – consumer units, 3-phase supplies, lighting issues, faulty wiring.
Electrical Faults we deal with Regularly
- Consumer units & fuseboard problems
- Circuit breakers tripping or fuses blowing
- Restoring 3-phase business and industrial supplies
- RCD constantly tripping
- Complete loss of power
- Faulty wiring in homes, hospitals, schools, offices etc
- Damaged or faulty socket-outlets and power points
- Lighting problems e.g. faulty switches & dimmers
- Faulty extractor fans, cookers and commercial kitchen equipment
- Breakdowns of industrial machinery e.g. MoT car hoists, production lines etc.
Fast Eco-friendly Emergency Electrician Service
Half of our fleet of vans are electrically powered.
Many seemingly SM4 electricians are actually national companies advertising for work in your area. Most of them have a receptionist to take calls. They will then pass on your details to an electrician. The electrician will then call you back to discuss your electrical emergency (again). All this costs valuable time.
Here at South London Electricians, you will speak directly to an electrician for your area. Instead of pacing up and down, waiting for a call back, by ringing us, one of our Morden emergency electricians could already be on-site, fixing your problem.
Our emergency electricians are familiar with the Morden area and will know the fastest route to your home or business. That is not always going to be the case with an electrician from a national company who may have to cross London from Watford or Enfield … and that could take some time!
So remember, keep our number handy for whenever you need a commercial or domestic emergency electrician in SM4 (Morden):
0208 406 9834
Don’t hesitate to call at any time of day or night, your life could depend on it. A good 24 hour emergency electrician knows this and will respond straight away.
Finding Reliable Emergency Electricians in Morden
Call 0208 406 9834 for a no-obligation chat about your electrical emergency needs, you will be speaking directly to one of our trained electricians.
All of our work is carried out to the highest standards and using the best quality materials. For your peace of mind, we are registered with the leading industry and regulatory bodies who continually monitor and assess the quality of the work we carry out.
All of our electricians carry a wide range of spares so normally, one visit is sufficient to make a repair.