tripping RCD in Wimbledon
We were called out to a house in Wimbledon where the householder had a problem with his RCD attached to his home cinema circuit. It just kept tripping as soon as he tried to reset it and he was worried that he was facing a big bill to replace or repair his system. So he called us in and fairly soon we traced the problem to a damaged cable and soon had the problem solved.
Although we would like the business, unlike our client in Wimbledon there is not always a need to call out a […]
In the UK, it is reported that many of the domestic fires that occur each year are related to electrical faults and errors such as the consumer overloading sockets. Additionally, there are estimates that suggest that over a quarter of a million people are seriously injured as a result of electrical accidents in the home.
Grants from Electrical Safety First
The UK charity Electrical Safety First uses part of its budget to fund grant schemes (the Fire Safety Fund and the Home Improvement Grant) ultimately targeting householders, not just in south west London but nationwide. The idea […]
During the last 20 years or so, there have been quite a number of TV programmes about property development. As a result, more and more people are turning to this as a means of making money. Housing in south London is not cheap but there are still bargains to be had at property auctions in Balham, Clapham, Streatham, Tooting, Wimbledon or Catford, and even further afield in places such as Cheam.
Before buying a property to renovate, you really need to visit. During the visit, you will get a good impression as to the overall state. But what of […]
In cosmopolitan south London, some landlords refreshing their letting properties in Thornton Heath, Kenley, Bromley, Dulwich, Lambeth, Orpington, Wandsworth, West Wickham and Whyteleafe are turning to universal plug socket outlets as there is an increasing number of short term foreign lettings. These universal socket outlets mean that tenants don’t need to buy adaptors to use their electrical goods during their stay.
But is this a good thing? Not really, according to Electrical Safety First.
The use of these devices is widespread in the Far East and is now starting to more popular in south and south west London […]